- One whole cauliflower
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 oz. shredded cheese (I like the Mexican with jalapenos)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-cook the cauliflower by steaming or simmering covered in a large pan or Dutch oven for about 30 minutes in about 2 inches of water. The cauliflower should be soft but still firm.
- Mix the soup, mayonnaise, curry, and cheese and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt and the ingredients become a sauce-like consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and place in a glass baking-dish. Pour all of the sauce mixture over the cauliflower, coating the surface evenly.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter until well blended. Sprinkle the breadcrumb and butter mixture over the cauliflower and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes in a 350° oven. The cauliflower's stems should be soft and tender and easy to cut with a large serving spoon.