Corn and Oyster Casserole
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans oysters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) cream-style corn
- 1 (14 ounce) corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Drain the oysters, reserving juice.
- In a small mixing bowl combine margarine and crushed saltine crackers. Cut the oysters into small pieces, set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine cream, oyster juice and Worcestershire sauce. In another small bowl combine the cream-style and regular corn.
- Spread half the corn mixture onto the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the oysters over the corn, 1/2 of the cracker mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Pour the oyster juice mixture over the top of the entire casserole. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake casserole for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.